Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Becoming an Example

June 4th was a very special day for Xandry. It was the day that she was baptized with one of her best friends Makenna Hritz who moved to Utah the very next day.

It was a special day for me as well. I could not help but glow in thinking that this sweet spirit chose to make a commitment to our Heavenly Father to serve Him throughout her life. What inspired me more is Xandry's want to be baptized. She was the one that asked to do it. This meant more to me than anything because I truly wanted it to be her choice, not mine, not friends, but hers alone. Her sincerity and pure love for her Father in Heaven and knowledge of the sacrifice for what her elder Brother Jesus Christ did for all, melted my heart. She actually renewed my own testimony that we all can come unto Christ if we believe and take upon us His name. What an example!

I am grateful for Papa Joe who baptized her and confirmed her. I am thankful for Bishop Lewis, Jim Nisbet, Terry Hritz, & Lee Ray Reese for confirming her and being a part of this special day. I also appreciate the wonderful talks spoken by Patsy Reese on baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost by Sheryl Edgar. Gratitude is also felt for Amy Nisbet for the beautiful song "Live Like You Believe." Thank you to all of you that shared this great day and for being examples to my little girl!

1 comment:

Raegan said...

That was a great day, I am completely unbiased of course.