Thursday, May 19, 2011

And a Very Happy Birthday!


In 2 days we hit half of our family's birthdays. Xandry turned 8 years old on the 3rd of May and got exactly what she wanted . . . a turtle! She would roam the house for months on end yelling, "I just want a turTLE!" I have no idea how to really emphasize how she would pronounce it. There was a huge emphasis on the t's and man was it loud. She drove me nuts.
So, thinking that I would be sneaky, I purchased a Cherry-Head Red-Foot Tortoise in Utah when Dalton and I had our date to the broadway show Young Frankenstein the weekend prior to her big day. Before returning home I dumped off the newly purchased gift at the Nisbet's house for them to turtle sit until her actual b-day. I thought my plan was full proof when wouldn't you know I have detective in my home and a loose lipped son.

Xandry pestered her brother to death to find out if we did get her what she wanted, but then also took it further into interrogating Amy & Jim's first grade son asking questions about there being a turtle in there home. I caught on that the turtle was out of the bag when she mentioned to me that I could have still gotten her a turtle and dropped it off at Amy's house. Sneaky little thing!

Any who . . . Squirt is here to stay and has been a great addition to the family. Everyone loves him. By the way, he got his name because the first thing he did when I placed him in his habitat was poop. I knew right then he was a Squirt. Then he peed on Ian, Amy's son, and did it again on Xandry when she first held him. I told her what I had been calling him and she stuck with it. Squirt is so comfortable with us that he just can't help it!
As I stated before, Xandry's birthday is just 1 of the 3 that take up the half of the family. :) Drew and I also celebrated our b-days on the 2nd of May, with a nice dinner with the Nisbet clan and a much anticipated trip to Boise for a getaway package for hotel, dinner, and broadway tickets to Wicked, given to us by Dad & Barb over Mother's Day weekend. Now anyone who knows me pretty well, can tell you that I am WICKED over Wicked. It was a fabulous weekend and I enjoyed it this time just as much as the first. Thank you Nana for watching the kiddos and GRACIAS to Dad and Barb for giving Drew and I a b-day to remember!

No comments: