Saturday, October 9, 2010

Infinite Hope

Mid September I was able to go to our girls Annual Time Out For Women trip to Logan. This year like the past, was a spiritual renewal as well as a mother's uplift to know that she is doing a good job. This year's theme was "Infinite Hope."

One of the talks spoken was by Brad Wilcox, regarded the continual pressure we have as women, and as individuals, that we are not making the grade. We feel as if we are not cutting it, not perfect enough, not doing what we are supposed to. He commented to us, "Satin is the one who whispers, 'You're not good enough . . not doing your best . . . not being perfect.' God loves us! He loves the offeree more than the offering." We shouldn't get so caught up with what we are "not doing" that we forget what we "are doing." God loves what we have done!

More than anything, this stuck with me. My inadequacies of feeling that I am lacking in so many areas pulls my spirit down. This conference was an answer to a prayer. I needed the reminding that my Heavenly Father loves me for who I am . . . not for who I am not.

I was reminded the other day of Infinite Hope and the presence that our Heavenly Father is around us, we just need to open our eyes and listen.

Being a busy mother like many, I was running every which way and trying to multitask. With this "get everything done" attitude I was grading papers, holding Anthon, cheering for Xandry at soccer, and watching BrookLynn play. It was time to go so I placed all the items for school in my school bag, (which just so happens to be my new Time Out For Women bag) stuffed Anthon's toys, the treats, the water bottles, blankets, and all the other kid things needed that trip in the diaper bag. I buckled Anthon into his carrier, grabbed both bags, held Brook's hand and went to the truck (something I'm not used to driving).

Now all seemed to be well until the next morning when for the life of me I could not find my school bag which contained assessments that took me over 5 weeks to administer, my grade book, and my flash drives. The realization that I had left my bag on the side of the road was clear and heart breaking. Let it be known, that no where in the bag said my name or school. I started to panic and cry. I was walking into school feeling down hearted when infinite hope came from my child. Dalton responded, "Mom, don't forget about our secret weapon." Puzzled I asked what he meant. His reply, "You need to pray."

Not even 10 minutes later, I was being paged to the office. I started running toward the office with hope building inside me. When in plain site on the counter was my school bag. New tears stung my eyes because in no way, shape or form, should that bag be sitting there. The secretaries told me that a woman had dropped the bag off and that she left her name and number. When I looked at the name it just so happened to be one of the ladies that I went to Time Out for Women with, Kim Stone.

As I dialed her number and thanked her for being my angel that day and a true answer to my son's prayer, I was again reminded of our Heavenly Father's love. He is around us. He listens. He works through each and everyone of us if we but open our eyes and listen.

Dalton . . . Kim, thank you! Thank you for being in tuned to our Heavenly Father enough to remember that hope is all around us. Thank you for teaching me a lesson that I already knew, but need constant reminding of.

2 comments:

Bree said...

Thanks for lifting my spirits today. You are an amazing Mom.

Suz said...

Thanks for the reminder!! Love you tons!!