Saturday, October 9, 2010

Ahh . . . children

Every now and then you get reminded of things that you are not supposed to do or say by your children. Example:

Drew and Brookie are driving in the truck when Brook says, "It's ok to say shit dad . . . Let's just say shit." Hmm . . . I wonder who taught her that :)

It is hard to believe that my little Anthon is almost 7 months. He is only in the 25% for weight but seems to want to eat all the time. Maybe that is because he prefers momma over the bottle. Night times are getting to be a dread for me. He gets up at least 5 times a night. Add that he is teething and the combo is disastrous for me. Each morning has been a fight for me to roll out of bed let alone exercise. UGH! We have decided to move his crib and let him cry. We are on night two of endless crying. I am hoping the third day is the charm to break him of thinking he needs to get up 5 times.
Still, when I look at his big eyes and ears I fall in love. He is trying to crawl but isn't there quite yet. He gets on all fours and rocks back and forth. He is so sweet and loves nuzzling his nose into your face. I feel blessed every time I see him and his siblings.


3 comments:

The Haskin Family!!!! said...

Anthon looks just like his Daddy!!! Your kids are so adorable!

Megan said...

Miss my little guy!

Lupe said...

Hi Rae Lynn,
Finally had a chance to read your page. Wow, your babies are beautiful! You are very blessed. Just want to share a trick I learned in case the baby is still not sleeping through the night. Most babies just are on their own time clock and wake up regardless whether they are tired, hungry or not! So with Joey, I would feed him the last time around 11pm if he woke up. The following time he would get a bottle of water. Sooned he stopped waking up, since he didn't really cared to wake up for water! I couldn't believe it but it worked like a charm, in 3 days he was sleeping through the night (12-6am). Good luck Sweetie, Lupe Dalluge