Sunday, October 31, 2010

All for Dalton!

Grandpa Joe & Grandma Barb are usually in the sunny state of Arizona hibernating during Fall and Winter while basking in the sun and playing golf. They are what you call Snow Birds, migrating every year where there is no snow. Can you kind of hear the envy in my voice? So jealous, YES!


Since Dalton's b-day is in the beginning of December, they usually do not celebrate his special day until Christmas. They decided to bring out the presents a bit earlier this year. They had a special surprise for him since he was soon to be going on a special trip with daddy to the only university that is allowed to be spoken of in our home, the good old University of Notre Dame.

Dalton was spoiled with his very own blue leather Letterman's jacket, just like the one on the movie Rudy. He looks so old in it! I can't believe that in December my first born will be 10! The sad reality has been hitting me that he will be leaving my home in a shorter amount of time then I have had him. 8 years and he will be out! I am not sure that I am ready for all that is in store. I want him to be my little man forever.


However, he was able to bring his jacket and many other ND paraphernalia on the trip with Drew over the 16th of October. Dalton was giddy with excitement with the thought of not only spending time with Dad, but flying on the plane, staying at a hotel, going to Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, the Chicago Zoo, and staying with Uncle Crazy and Aunt Peg at their South Bend home.


The highlights of the trip for Dalton was the zoo. Drew said that he liked it more than Shedd Aquarium and it was free! I still giggle when I think of Dalton calling me and telling me that he and dad had to pay money at the "Troll Bridges." He of course meant to say Toll Bridges. Dalton also made sure to give me a run down on the hotel they stayed at in Chicago and it having a tiny bed when they were supposed to have a queen.

All in all, they had a wonderful time watching ND defeat Western Michigan 44 to 20. Dad even got to visit ND's fire Department. I can see where we will retire now :)

More than anything I am glad that daddy and son got to have some bonding time together.

1 comment:

Suz said...

Oh how sweet! What a great memory for Dalton and Dad!! Even brought a tear to my eye - you have such a way with words!! :)