Monday, September 5, 2011

A Crazy End of July

Seeing the Texian Schank cousins is always a treat. Anthon picked up on Corrine's stage of screaming like a banchi, but boy are they cuties! Meg's boys are growing like weeds and my kids enjoyed staying the night with them and playing in Aunt Rene's personal beach by the river. It was nice eating hotdogs at the ranch and being with the Frey cousins too.
The weekend of the 23rd we celebrated in Winnemucca Drew's 20 year high school reunion. Drew and I had fun visiting with his fellow Buckaroo classmates as I relished in the fact that I had the hottest husband there. de Arrieta men age well!
Then it was time for Barb, Vera (my sister-in-law) to travel to the rainy city of Seattle for a belated Christmas gift from Joe & Barb. We had fun with Drew's sister Anna (who lives there), ate like champions, walked the Underground, learned about the Seattle sites on the fairy tour, witnessed the fish at Pikes Place, visited 2 firehouses, rode the tram at Crystal Mountain, and was whisked away on a magic carpet with the Broadway show Aladdin. With all the fun experiences the best was spending time with these amazing women. I loved getting the chance to know them a bit more. Thank you Joe and Barb for this amazing gift!
When we landed Drew and I stayed in Reno for a couple of nights for a pre 13 year anniversary weekend. We got to visit with some friends, shop, and attend Drew's college friend's wedding. It just reminded me of how blessed I am to still have fun, be able to laugh, and kick back with my hubby. I am lucky!
We ended our trip with a trip to Lake Lahontan with Uncle John's boat. Dalton, Xandry, and even Brook with Daddy' help got on the tube and glided over the water. Anthon and I enjoyed riding in the boat, playing on the beach, and visiting with Grandma Judy. We all had loads of fun!!

1 comment:

Raegan said...

Looks like you enjoyed your first summer without me. :)