Thursday, May 19, 2011

Easter at the Firehouse

We were lucky enough to have Grandma Judy come stay with us for a few days. I really enjoyed having her here though I didn't get to spend a huge amount of time with her since I had meetings and appointments. It was a busy week for me, but the kids got to spend some one-on-one time with Grandma and she got to hang out with Drew.


Easter began with dad being at work and a rainy wet day, but that didn't stop the fun. Drew's crew put together a delicious breakfast of french toast, pancakes, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, and much more. They even hid Easter eggs among the fire engines in the bay and around the firehouse. Anthon found one right away and wouldn't let it go. Dalton, Xandry, & Brook were all on the hunt for the shiny eggs that held money.
It was hard for me to leave the firehouse that day because I was going home alone with the kiddos since mom was picked up by Linda to return back to Fallon. Here I was feeling alone and was overcome with the emotion for what our elder brother Jesus Christ must have felt as he bleed from every pore; feeling alone, but also knowing that He was not alone. He was and had been watched over by a loving Father Above. I am grateful for the path that He showed to return to our Father. I am thankful during this season for the reminder that there is life after death, that my sins have already been taken upon Christ, and that it is my responsibility to let them go and trust fully and completely in Him.

No comments: